Voted by GIS users
- Thou shalt save often
- Zip before you ship the shapefiles
- Thine date format shall be YYYYMMDD
- Thou shalt not mingle thy units, feet and meters, together
- Thou shalt back up your files
- Use a unique ID column for joins
- Honour thy project and define projection tools
- Use Geopackage
- Thyself is thine own master if you use open source
- Postal codes are great … if you are mailing a letter
Two of my favorites — “Never open the XLS file with Excel” and “Thursdays are pantless” — did not make the top ten. Such is life.
This is a snapshot of the vote as of 20210716T154422Z. The poll is still open. You can see the other candidates and the live results after submitting the form. Submit a blank form if you just want to see the results.